Alcoholic beverages have brought delight and pleasure to people’s daily lives throughout human history and played an important role in events marking the stages of individual lives, especially on celebratory occasions. We are proud to be engaged in the production and sale of such alcoholic beverages.
We acknowledge, however, that improper drinking causes various problems for individuals, families, and society.
As a corporate group dealing in alcoholic beverages as its core business, we will therefore conduct a group wide drive to eliminate problems caused by improper drinking and to promote Moderate & Responsible Drinking so as to share delight and pleasure with people, thereby acting in the interests of society.
The Asahi Group will work towards developing a healthy alcohol related culture, at the same time fulfilling its social responsibility by acknowledging the characteristics of alcoholic beverages and promoting Moderate & Responsible Drinking in a systematic and continuous manner, thereby contributing to the realization of a healthy and affluent society.
- 1. We will disseminate correct knowledge about Moderate Responsible Drinking
- 2. We will comply with related laws and regulations and voluntary standards set up by the industry and the Group in our sales activities, including advertising and sales campaigns.
- 3. We will make efforts to prevent problems caused by improper drinking such as underage drinking, drinking by pregnant women and nursing mothers, drinking before driving, and binge drinking, and extend cooperation and provide assistance to social movements against improper drinking.
- 4. We will drive medical research on the relationship between alcohol and health as well as provide assistance to external organizations.
- 5. As members of a corporate group dealing in alcoholic beverages, our employees will ensure they have correct knowledge of Moderate & Responsible Drinking, will be aware of their responsibilities, and act accordingly. For this purpose, we will also actively provide them with training and education.