- 1. The terms and conditions set out below apply to your use of this English website (as defined below). Please read them.
- 2. Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, references to the "Asahi Group" or the "Group" are to ASAHI BREWERIES, LTD. and its consolidated subsidiaries and, non-consolidated subsidiaries and affiliates accounted for by the equity method taken as a whole.
- 3. Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, the term "fiscal" preceding a year means the 12-month period ending December 31 of the year referred to.
- 4. Unless otherwise specified or the context requires, references to "yen" and "¥" are to Japanese yen.
- 5. By clicking on and visiting http://www.asahibeer.co.jp/ (and any replacement URL of any such website) (this "website" you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions, that you understand them, and that you accept and agree to be bound by them. If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should refrain from accessing or visiting www.asahibeer.co.jp/.
- 6. No information contained in these pages should be taken as a recommendation to buy, sell or hold the shares of Asahi Group.
- 7. This website is not intended to offer or to promote the offer or sale of Asahi Group securities in the United States or to US Residents. A "US Resident" includes any US person, as well as (1) any natural person who is only temporarily residing outside the United States, (2) any account of a US person over which a non-US fiduciary has investment discretion or any entity, which, in either case, is being used to circumvent the registration requirements of the US Investment Company Act of 1940, and (3) any employee benefit or pension plan whose participants or beneficiaries are not substantially non-US persons.
- 8. The agreement between Asahi Group and you relating to your use and browsing of this website is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Japanese law.
- 9. Asahi Group provides an English translation contained in this website for reference and convenience purposes only and without any warranty as to its accuracy or otherwise. In the event of any discrepancy between this translation and the Japanese original, the Japanese version shall be the correct version.
- 10. Reference in this website and/or the Materials to any hypertext link does not imply Asahi Group's support for, nor endorsement or recommendation of, the provider thereof or the product, process or service to which reference is made. This website may contain hypertext links to other websites, resources or other third parties. Asahi Group is not responsible for the availability of, and accepts no liability in relation to, these external websites or their content.
- 11. Written forward-looking statements may appear in this website. The U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a "safe harbor" for forward-looking information to encourage companies to provide relevant information about themselves without fear of litigation so long as the information is identified as forward looking and is accompanied by meaningful cautionary statements identifying important factors that can cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the information. Asahi Group relies on this safe harbor in making forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements appear in a number of places in this website regarding Asahi Group's current intent, belief, targets or expectations or those of its management. In many, but not all cases, words such as "aim", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "hope", "intend", "may", "plan", "predict", "probability", "risk", "should", "will", "would", and similar expressions, are used as they are related to Asahi Group or its management, to identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect Asahi Group's current views with respect to future events and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those which are anticipated, aimed at, believed, estimated, expected, intended or planned.
Risks and uncertainties that might affect Asahi Group include, but are not limited to (1) effects of market and economic trends and demographic change in Japan; (2) higher liquor tax rates; (3) dependence on a specific product; (4) food safety; (5) fluctuations in material prices; (6) effects of weather conditions, natural disasters and others; (7) risks related to information systems; (8) risks related to overseas businesses; (9) risks related to the environment; (10) risks related to changes in laws and regulations; (11) trends in the control of alcoholic beverages; (12) risks related to litigation; (13) fluctuations in value of owned assets; (14) retirement benefit liabilities and retirement benefit costs. Risks and uncertainties also include the impact of any future events with material adverse impacts. You can find more detail in Asahi Group's "Annual Report" on this website.
Updated January 13, 2009.