- Our Business
The Genuine Evolution of the Asahi Group
We will promote "GlocaI Value Creation Company" by transforming our domestic business toward Value-Focused Management and making our international businesses a further growth engine.
Japan: Key Medium-Term Strategies
- Expand the potential of the businesses through synergies and optimizing product portfolio to anticipate change.
- Promote smart-drinking and other initiatives to meet diversifying needs; create high-value-added services.
- Solve social issues such as carbon neutrality through business; optimize the supply chain across Japan.
Alcohol Beverages Business
Soft Drinks Business
Europe: Key Medium-Term Strategies
- Advance the premium beer strategy with expansion of the 5 global brands and focus on selective leading local brands.
- Accelerate premium growth beyond core lager - such as non-alcohol beer, RTDs and crafted beer.
- Promote initiatives to reduce environmental impact, which entail the active use of renewable energy and the adoption of recyclable containers and packages.
Oceania: Key Medium-Term Strategies
- Advance multi-beverage strategy through alcohol beverages and non-alcohol beverages with creating integration growth synergies.
- Pursue health and well-being portfolio and innovations in growth areas such as non-alcohol beer, hard seltzers, and RTDs.
- Propose new sustainability-focused value through introduction of new containers, packaging, etc. Advance supply chain management reforms.
Southeast Asia: Key Medium-Term Strategies
- Expand into growing markets of >600 million people in the region with the growth in Malaysia as the Cash Cow and using our own brand to expand into other markets.
- Set up new segments such as the plant-based product segment to gradually diversify portfolio into more premiumization beverages and minimize dependency on Condense Milk.
- Deliver sustainability agenda including rolling out eco-friendly packaging. Build value in partnership with local communities through raw material procurement initiatives.
System diagram of major Asahi Group companies and businesses (As of January 1, 2022)
In addition to the above Asahi Professional Management Co., Ltd. (a consolidated subsidiary) handles indirect business services that are common to domestic companies such as payroll, benefits and accounting, concentrating these services in one place and raising efficiency as a function company of Asahi Group Japan. Asahi Business Solutions Co., Ltd. (an equity method affiliate) undertakes IT related business on consignment for the entire Asahi Group. Asahi Beer Communications, Ltd. (an equity method affiliate) undertakes mainly the operations of factory tours in Asahi Breweries and Asahi Soft Drinks. Asahi Group Engineering Co., Ltd. (a consolidated subsidiary) designs and produces manufacturing equipment.