The Asahi Group aims to ensure that its business activities are always found to be trustworthy by customers and society. Our activities for this purpose include the provision of safe, reliable products and services, accurate, easy-to-understand product labeling, and fair advertising expressions. We believe that these activities are essential for fulfilling our social responsibility as a corporate entity that manufactures and sells alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and foods.
The improvement of quality of life (QOL) related to a healthy diet is essential in today's society due to the diversification of diets and the increase in lifestyle-related diseases. The Asahi Group provides health-conscious products and services, carries out activities to raise health awareness, and take other initiatives for fulfilling its social responsibility as a corporate entity engaging in the food-related business.
The Asahi Group aims to support improvements to the health of as many customers as possible. For this purpose, we promote initiatives for solving the relevant issues in each business field under the management system of each Group company.
- Further develop the nutritious-conscious and health-conscious portfolio
- Further develop the reduced-salt portfolio (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Increase use of nursing food by improving awareness (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Grasp the social impact of delivery lesson services such as those conducted by CALPIS Children's Lactobacilli Laboratory (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Hold sessions conducted by CALPIS Children's Lactobacilli Laboratory at 33 schools by 2019 (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.）
- Improve employee participation in walking campaigns, using a “point program” developed as an employee-health measure (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Promote acquisition of “lactobacilli master” (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Achieve an attendance of 60,000 at “Wakodo Nutrition Consultation” by 2019 (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
Main Results for FY2017
- Conducted CALPIS Children's Lactobacilli Laboratory (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.) (1,903 students at 34 participating venues)
- Performed research and development regarding nutrition and health, such as lactic acid bacteria, intestinal flora, and apple polyphenol, and conducted awareness-raising activities based on research findings
- Development of products that support healthy living for the elderly and infants, such as baby food and nursing care food (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Implemented Wakodo Nutrition Consultation Activities (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.) (96,000 participants)
Number of participants in Wakodo Nutrition Consultations
The Asahi Group will contribute to the health of diverse customers by providing health-conscious products and services and carrying out awareness-raising activities, under the basic principles of safety and reliability, in our efforts to be trusted by society.