The Asahi Group aims to ensure that its business activities are always found to be trustworthy by customers and society. Our activities for this purpose include the provision of safe, reliable products and services, accurate, easy-to-understand product labeling, and fair advertising expressions. We believe that these activities are essential for fulfilling our social responsibility as a corporate entity that manufactures and sells alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and foods.
The improvement of quality of life (QOL) related to a healthy diet is essential in today's society due to the diversification of diets and the increase in lifestyle-related diseases. The Asahi Group provides health-conscious products and services, carries out activities to raise health awareness, and take other initiatives for fulfilling its social responsibility as a corporate entity engaging in the food-related business.
The Asahi Group aims to support improvements to the health of as many customers as possible. For this purpose, we promote initiatives for solving the relevant issues in each business field under the management system of each Group company.
- Further develop the nutritious-conscious and health-conscious portfolio (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd., Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Further develop the reduced-salt portfolio (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Increase use of nursing food by improving awareness (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Grasp the social impact of delivery lesson services such as those conducted by CALPIS Children's Lactobacilli Laboratory, Mitsuya Cider Classroom for the Future of Water and the Environment (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Hold sessions conducted by CALPIS Children's Lactobacilli Laboratory at 33 schools in 2019 (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Improve employee participation in walking campaigns, using a “point program” developed as an employee-health measure (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Promote acquisition of “lactobacilli master” (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Achieve an attendance of 60,000 at “Wakodo Nutrition Consultation” in 2019 (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
Main Results for FY2018
- Launch of “Asahi Soft Drinks Health Challenge!” (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Working with local governments and universities to address the health issues of regions and communities (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Development of products supported by reliable evidence such as food for specified health use and Foods with Functional Claims
- Launch of joint projects with Kyoto University for the purpose of promoting health in the regions (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Implementation of SROI (Social Return on Investment) analysis of “Calpis Kids Nyusan-kin Lab” (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.) (Asahi Soft Drinks Foods with Functional Claims “Asahi Karada Jurokucha,” and others)
- Implementation of “Calpis Kids Nyusan-kin Lab”: number of schools where it was implemented/number of participating children (42 schools, venues/2,396 people) (Asahi Soft Drinks Co., Ltd.)
- Performed research and development regarding nutrition and health, such as lactic acid bacteria, intestinal flora, and apple polyphenol, and conducted awareness-raising activities based on research findings
- Development of products that support healthy living for the elderly and infants, such as baby food and nursing care food (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
- Implementation of “Wakodo Nutrition Consultation activities” (number of participants: 103,000 people) (Asahi Group Foods, Ltd.)
The Asahi Group will contribute to the health of diverse customers by providing health-conscious products and services and carrying out awareness-raising activities, under the basic principles of safety and reliability, in our efforts to be trusted by society.