Environmental Basic Principles
The Asahi Group Environmental Principles are defined by the Asahi Group based on the Asahi Group Philosophy.
The Asahi Group Environmental Principles define the attitudes to the environment, disclosed by the Asahi Group as a corporate group that created most of the products with “gifts from nature.” These principles are aimed at addressing environmental issues proactively, as all the employees in the Asahi Group follow these principles.
Asahi Group Environmental Principles
At the Asahi Group, we recognize that water, agricultural products and other “gifts from nature” are essential for us to carry out our business activities. We take responsibility for preserving the environment for the future, so as to enable us to consistently deliver on our great taste promise, pursuing the excellence in quality. Not only is the Asahi Group endeavoring to reduce the burden on the environment, we are also developing innovative initiatives to create a positive cycle that can actually enhance the environment. We will continue working toward the realization of a sustainable society hand in hand with business growth.
- We shall comply with environmental laws and regulations in each country and region.
- We will reduce the environmental burden, and take action toward continuous improvements including the creation of a management system.
- We will endeavor to be more efficient in the use of the resources needed for our business activities, including energy, water and raw materials, and will work toward suppression of greenhouse gas emissions and waste, prevention of pollution and protection of the environment.
- We will take action to reduce the environmental burden throughout the value chain.
- We will endeavor for proactive communication with stakeholders through appropriate information disclosure, working to increase transparency and reliability.
Asahi Group Environmental Vision 2050
The Asahi Group engages in business operations that utilize the gifts of nature, including water, crops and other cultivated raw ingredients. In our pursuit of the highest quality and the continuous creation of delicious products that exceed customer expectations, we formulated the Asahi Group Environmental Vision 2050 in 2019 and are advancing activities to achieve it.
With this Vision, the Asahi Group aims to achieve zero environmental impact (“Neutral”) in its business activities by 2050, and to leverage its proprietary technologies to create more environmental value in society (“Plus”). In this way, we will work towards the realization of a sustainable society hand in hand with the growth of our business operations.
Environmental Risks and Issues to Be Tackled
Asahi Group Environmental Vision 2050: Overview